Come See My Website!

12.10.11

Enter Here

Mudroom, front hall, foyer, entrance, I’ve got them on the brain. We are adding a grand front entrance (or grander than its current state) to my sister and brother-in-law’s home on the island, so I have been gathering some inspiration. Although some of these styles are definitely not for them, I thought I would share anyway to explore how different this often overlooked part of the home can be.

Barbara Westbrooke
This entrance is rustic and charming. She mostly used wood details but the painted black railing and door in the background keep the look updated and new.

Cloe Sevigny's Entrance
 
Busy, green lattice wallpaper covering all the walls in this entryway are framed out by the pop of thick, white mouldings. The wild walls allow the rest of the furnishings in the space to be simple and the wide-plank rough wood floors are a perfect compliment

H&H feature
I’ve always loved this entryway from House & Home, mostly because I have always dreamed of having both a pedestal table and a large tree in my own foyer (currently a laundryroom/ hallway to my very small washroom in my very 'cozy' Vancouver apartment. I think my boyfriend would have something to say if I added a table and tree...). The black details against a white background are very sophisticated.

H&H Feature
 
Two elements I adore here; Herringbone pattern on the floor and that wood chandelier that I have been eyeing for months. Restoration Hardware has one of these that is just beautiful but I would much rather stumble across one in a little antique shop on the side of the road.

Johnathan Adler
 
He always seems to do it right. The icy blues look great with this whitewashed space. One again the black details ground and create depth here.



Stacy Brandford via Cococozy
 
Red door! Need I say more? Maybe just a bit; check out those little penny tiles on the floor. I have only had the pleasure of using those once in my own work and I am dying to use them again!


Jonathon and Ralph Neal from UpperCanadaHomes

OK, this one really speaks to me. First of all the pale green wallpaper is a perfect backdrop to the layers that are to follow; bold artwork, lattice shelving, bright upholstery and a green striped runner. Then you have the amazing architectural arches and mouldings, the sparkly (you know how I like things that sparkle) globe chandeliers and the bright inviting window at the end of the hall. A masterpiece, I am always impressed when a room can look so cohesive without following any of the ‘design colour rules’
Photos from: House Beautiful, House & Home, Cococozy Blog